Chicken and Egg Salad Sandwich
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1/2 cup, polish dill pickles, diced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (adjust if you like creamier)
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken breast or cooked chicken breast of your choice, diced
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- multi grain bread or bread of your choice
- lettuce or other leafy greens if desired (optional)
- Hard boil the eggs. Fill up a medium size pot with enough water to cover the eggs with at least an inch of water. Add 1 Tbsp. of salt, cover and bring to a full boil. Once water’s boiling gently spoon in the eggs. Bring the water back to a boil, cover with a lid, and then cook on medium heat for 12 minutes. Drain hot water from the pot and run cold water thoroughly over the eggs. Add enough ice into the water to create ice bath. Let the eggs sit in it for 10 minutes to chill. Peel and then dice eggs.
*You’ll get perfectly peeled eggs if you use the Egg Stripper, that will help you peel up to 5 eggs at once in under 10 seconds.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together eggs, pickles, celery, onions, celery seed, and chicken. Blend in mustard and mayonnaise until desired consistency is achieved. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill before serving. Spread greens on slice of bread, add generous scoop of chicken salad and top with couple slices of hard boiled eggs. Serve as an open sandwich or top with another slice of bread.