12 Hardboiled eggs (peeled and halved lenghtwise)
1 Avocado (peeled and pitted)
4 Tbsp fresh sqeezed lime
½ cup Mayo (or light mayo)
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
Parsley, red and yellow pepper to garnish (optional)
- Cook Eggs - Fill medium size pot with enough water to cover the eggs. Add 1 tbsp. of salt and bring to a full boil. Gently spoon in eggs, bring water back to a boil, cover with a lid, then cook on medium heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove eggs from heat, drain hot water and immediately run cold water thoroughly over eggs. Add enough ice into water to create ice bath, quickly stopping the cooking process. Leave eggs in for 10 minutes to chill. Peel eggs using the egg stripper. Cut each egg lengthwise, thinly slice ends from eggs, so they sit properly without falling over. Gently scoop out yolks into a small bowl.
- Mash Egg yolks and avocado with a fork and stir in lime juice, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined, (use food processor to get smooth consistency).
- Generously fill each egg white with the mixture. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with parsley and pepper. Serve on a dish of your choice. Enjoy.